Blueharts Men’s 1s achieved their first league victory since 18th March 2017 at home to Havering firsts. A lot has happened since their last league win – they have been relegated from Prem A, lost a player coach but gained a coach, bulldozed a clubhouse and completed a combined total of 50,000 team pressups. Captain Richard Julian said: “They say that you are not defeated when you lose but you are defeated when you quit and as a group we have shown that with effort, perseverance and teamwork, even the most challenging circumstances can be overcome. We have stuck together as a group and must be extremely proud of how we have not let such adversity defeat us.”

Men's 1s 2018-19

Havering were hoping to make it 3 wins from 3 games and scored from a penalty flick in the first five minutes. Playing with positivity and drive, short corners were won but still the goal didn’t come until a speculative ball into the D from captain Richard Julian was fumbled by the keeper and Jordan Beeson gladly put the ball into the empty goal to equalise before half time. Under new coach Steve Turner the team have a more confidence and desire to work hard and Havering couldn’t deal with the intensity, Blueharts had the upper hand despite Mike Williams goal being disallowed. Blueharts took the lead with some great skill, a reverse stick shot from Harvey Walton Adams struck the post but Harry Sampson reacted quickly putting the ball into an open goal to make it 2-1. Excellent defending from man of the match Daniel Fair and some great saves from keeper Will Gallimore prevented the visitors scoring again. A 3rd goal soon came to put the game to bed and 3 points in the bag. Some good work down the left from Liam Connelly found Harry Sampson in the D who dragged the ball under the keeper and into the goal. The Men’s 1s travel to play Waltham Forest 1s next weekend.

The rest of the men’s club didn’t share the same fortune. The Men’s 2s and Men’s 3s suffered heavy defeats away losing 7-2 to Hertford 1 and 7-1 to Saffron Walden 2s respectively. The Men’s 4s picked up a point with a late goal from Dan Smith equalising with Shefford & Sandy 2s at home. The Men’s 5s also drew 1-1 away to Shefford & Sandy 3s. The Men’s 6s lost 1-4 against Letchworth with a consolation goal by Aidan Wood and the Men’s 7s experienced their first defeat of the season going 2-1 down to Rickmansworth 3s.

Categories: Uncategorized