Blueharts Hockey Club was founded by old boys of Hitchin Grammar School in 1946. It led a nomadic existance until it was welcomed at Hitchin Cricket Club at Lucas Lane in 1952. The quality and commitment of the early players soon established Blueharts as one of the senior clubs in the region. The men have had two spells in the National League. The men’s section has grown to 7 sides, all competing in the East League.
The ladies section was founded in 1986 and has also had a spell in the National League. They have grown to 6 sides, all competing in the East League.
The club is proud of its highly successful Junior hockey section for 6 to 18 year olds, where over 250 childen are coached during the Winter season.
In partnerhip with Hitchin Cricket Club, a contract was awarded to Morgan Sindall to build a new clubhouse and artificial pitch on the Lucas Lane sports ground which opened in early 2019.