We at last have our own pitch – now we must look after it
We have invested in a high spec sand-dressed pitch with a 10 year warranty. If we look after it, it will last much longer and save us all money.
· From the changing rooms use the path on the cricket ground side of the clubhouse, avoiding the grass.
· If your astro boots are muddy please use boot brushes by the access gate.
Please abide by the Rules and Conditions of use posted by the entrance gate.
· Clean astro shoes please. Flat-soled training shoes wear the pitch 20% more than astros.
· No shoes, football boots or ‘blades’
· No food or chewing gum
· No glass or cans
· No smoking on or around the pitch
· No litter – use the bins
· No dogs
Only players, coaches and officials on the playing and run-off areas
· Spectators to use the designated area. All children to be supervised.
· Use the macadam strip for warm-up shuttles (so avoiding the car park and cricket pitch). This leads to the carpeted ‘dynamic’ warm-up area.
· Do not enter the playing area until the preceding game or session has finished.
· Require at least 4 people to tip them back on the roller side before movement.
· Store in the designated area with the open side facing the fence and leaving space to allow the mini tractor to enter/exit the maintenance shed.
We have muffled kickboards and an acoustic fence.
· For training and practice:
o insert the back-board pads into the goals.
o take short corners on the ‘red Ds’ on the side of the pitch except that by the care home.
A panel of trained volunteers will use the mini-tractor for weekly brushing and leaf collecting.
A specialist firm will undertake periodic carpet maintenance.
· Spread training across the pitch – move the goals to the red Ds where possible.
· There are half-pitch floodlights.
· Report any parting seams, lifted carpet, spillages and soiling.
· Do not walk on the pitch if covered with snow or is thawing.
We have high spec and efficient LED floodlights that require little or no maintenance.
· Save electric by arranging for them to be turned off if a match or training slot is cancelled.
· The mid-lux setting is adequate for training and most matches.