Members’ Code of Conduct
Blueharts Hockey Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the well being of all its members and in return the club expects its members to protect and enhance its reputation.
The Club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the dignity, safety and welfare of others. Members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share with a member of the Executive Committee any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club or its members.
When representing Blueharts none of your actions should damage, or risk damaging, the reputation of the club or the sport of hockey. This applies to your actions, your speech, published material and written word including electronic media,
In addition when representing Blueharts you must abide by the following Code:
All club members must:
- play within the rules
- respect umpires’ and their decisions and respect officials at all times
- respect opponents
- wear club kit
- not smoke in the clubhouse
- not smoke on Hitchin Boys’ School premises
- not use illegal drugs on club premises or while representing the club
- should keep to agreed timings for training and games or inform their coach, team manager or captain if they are going to be late
- pay annual subscriptions and fees for training and matches promptly
- tell their coach, team manager or captain in good time if they are unavailable to play on a particular day or time
- tell their coach, team manager or captain as soon as possible if they are unable to play. Ideally this should be face to face or by telephone, rather than electronic message.
In addition under 18 members:
- must wear shin guards for training and matches. They are also encouraged to wear a suitable mouthguard
- are not allowed to smoke on club premises or while representing the club
- are not allowed to consume alcohol on the club premises or while representing the club.